Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Good Day

Simply put: Today was a good day.

On Thursdays Nate doesn't leave for work until 9:30am, so it's nice to have him home for a bit in the morning. This morning he let me sleep in until 8 o'clock, when I awoke to the smell of cinnamon french toast, bacon and coffee. None of which I had to make. (sorry there are no pictures, it was gone before I could get the camera!)

Then I checked my little man's mouth. He's been working on a couple of bottom teeth now for quite some time. He's nearly a year and has no teeth (following in suit of Mommy and two older sisters). But he will have teeth for his first birthday! They have officially come through the skin now and maybe the boy can eat some of the food he so desperately wants!

Shortly after breakfast we had a delightful visit from the Princess and her frog.


Followed by an exhilarating gym class! The girls had their first gymnastics class TOGETHER today. They were very excited to be together.


Do you notice who is NOT in the picture? Me. I'm not there anymore.
Olivia is still technically Parent and Tot, which I had every intention of selfishly keeping her in for one more session to absorb every chance I get to be in the gym for special time with her. But she insisted on being with her big sis and the big girls and there was no denying that she is ready for it. She was bored last session and needed to be a little more challenged. I wasn't totally sure how she would do, but I am very proud (as per usual). She listened, followed instructions, and kept up with the other girls. Mama shed some tears when she took off into the gym and didn't look back. It's hard to let go. It's not easy watching my babies grow up. But that's my job. Our goal as parents is to raise our children to be responsible, loving adults who contribute as individuals to their society. All these little baby steps are a necessary part of that equation to independence. So even though I know it's good and right, it doesn't make it any easier. *sigh*

After lunch we came home with Nana (just home from Florida!) and our friends not only came over to share their company with us, but brought lunch! I didn't have to cook it or pay for it! Double bonus blessing!

Tonight was also my first night back coaching gymnastics since having Landon. I'm not in too often yet, just a couple of hours. But it's fun and I love it. It felt good to be there again. After bath and bed, here I am! A nice way to end my day.

Everyone is healthy, we have food, shelter, clean water, love and eachother. And tonight I will lay down and shnuggle my best friend. It is a good day indeed.

I love full days, but I'm exhausted! Good night!





No comments: