Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Moody Mondays

It's true: Mondays are moody for me. I'm like a little firecracker and totally unpredictable. Some Mondays I wake up ready to get a good start to my week. I'm eager to press the coffee and switch the laundry. Eggs Benny for breakfast? My pleasure!

Other Mondays (and this is the norm. lately), I can barely drag myself out of bed, and the only reason I do is because my kids need fed. I don't shower until the afternoon and call it a "Jammie Day" for everyone (mostly so I don't have to make six trips up the stairs to assist getting dresses down from in the closet for certain little girls who think everyday is the perfect day for a "spinney dress", no wait, make that EVERY spinny dress!). My attempt at doing laundry is seeing how big of a pile I can make, clean or dirty. And I'm ok to just ignore the dishes from Sunday night that didn't get done because we had somewhere to be.

I'm happy, however, to inform you that today has been a productive and already satisfying Monday. And it all started with a shower!

We rarely make cookies containing sugar but once or twice a year we feel is ok (because they get enough junk other places). This week is special, it's Easter. And we want to celebrate it! So here are the girls bakingAnd I'm not sure what is so great about it, but they LOVE to sift!

(and for 2 ½ and 4 years old, they do a pretty good job)

And ROOOOLLLLL out that dough! Roll! Roll! Roll!

These cookies are special also because we are taking them to our special friends tomorrow to decorate together.

Also, Larissa is learning to read! We played the "Alphabet Hunt" game. That's when Mommy hides the letters and the girls find their set. Olivia makes a train, Larissa puts hers in order with such pride.

And how about that ladybug? They love their rain gear. We did have to incorprate a no umbrellas in the house rule though before someone lost an eye.Our moods are powerful. They can soar us high or sink us low. But I'm finding that our will is even mightier. I can let myself feel that blahs that often come with Mondays, or I can choose to make the most of today. To see today as a gift and to enjoy that gift.
It's sure not always easy to change my mood, but I feel encouraged today by the fun we've had. And it's not over, we still have delicious slow-cooked ribs to enjoy before heading out to gymnastics! Full days make me feel great!


No comments: