
Here is one thing I know now to be true: It's a good idea to figure out some things you believe about the 'ways of God' BEFORE you face a trial!
When you're in it is no time to be wrestling through who you believe God to be.
I realize that often in hard times people actually turn to God. I also know that sometimes people turn away from God.
A few weeks ago I began writing about "Good God" - it was a blog half-written on the iPad based on a recent conversation with my Hubby and a good friend.
Maybe I will dig it up and post it, but I clearly remember saying that if we can actually, truly believe that God is good, and that God is love, then whatever comes our way in life - if we can anchor to that, even if the storm is raging and boat is rocking - we can trust Him to care for us. That means, even if things aren't playing out the way that we think a loving God who has our best interest in mind would have them go, that if we have resolved Him to be trustworthy then that will keep us together at the seams.
So the prayer of faith is not, "God heal this illness" or "God I believe you can and will solve this problem". No, I am finding that the true prayer of faith maybe goes something like this:
"Father, I don't know what the heck you're doing or allowing. But I KNOW that you are good. I KNOW that you are love. And I KNOW that you care about this. And I choose to trust you. Help me with my unbelief. Help me when I don't trust you. Carry me when I can't walk. Help me breath when I forget to. Do your thing. Whatever happens, you are with me and this isn't the end."
And then you step.
One foot.
Then the next.
And if we forget how to walk

Slip your hand into his. He'll not just lead you, He will care for you.
1 comment:
I like the way you guys think. :)
Love you!
Post a Comment