I know, right? We just had the weekend and so I should be well-rested and ready to take on the week. Well, I'm not. Or I wasn't anyways. And then for some reason I just got motivated. Here's what happened:
And of course some home-made Birtch Farm's apple pie. Larissa decided on a star for Landon and to remind us that there is a special surprise in the middle of the apple, also reminding us that Christmas is coming! (Yes, I said it: Christmas. Christmas. Christmas. Christmas.)
So what really happened? I'll be honest - it's that sweet little reminder named Josie Stahle. I'm still in awe of God's grace and goodness in giving her life and blessing us all with it. Now I know that I will never forget the words from her wise Daddy just days after her birth: "We've sure learned to take things moment-to-moment and appreciate every one. You know it makes you stop and think about all the stupid things we say, like: 'I just want this day to be over';'this day was so long, thank God it's over';'I hate Mondays'. You know, whatever it is we say, we really take life for granted".
Wow huh? I can't tell you how often I hear those words now as I catch myself not living in and appreciating the moments. How precious and fleeting our time here really is.
We all know we're mortals; we just like to pretend we're not. But let's stop pretending. Let's live out today, enjoying it, making the most of it; whatever that means to you.



No comments:
Post a Comment