Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

I've Got Worms!

Not those kind of worms you weirdo! Do you think I would blog about that?! Ok, I would.
If I had had a blog when I got worms in Mexico (it was actually a parasite), I probably would've taken pictures of it. I guess I'm the weirdo, eh? But you most likely already knew that.

My worms NOW are good, clearly healthy garden worms. And totally picture-worthy.
I was pulling weeds out of the garden, when I was startled by this snake-like worm. Yes, I jumped, but no, surprisingly I didn't scream (maybe those stupid fake snakes my in-laws enjoyed buying for the kids to torment me with are breaking me down!)

You've gotta see this thing. It's the biggest worm I've ever seen!

That doesn't look so bad, right? Can you see it also in the cracks of the flagstone?

How about now? It was an aggressive little sucker and was moving quick.
Dum-dee-dum, down the rocks...

Here we go, inching a long

I called the girls to come see it. One said, "Ew, that's gross" and the other one said, "That's cool. I like that worm mom. I don't think it's gross!" Can you guess who said what? (*note: neither one touched it!)

We made him a nice little dirt home, which the girls were done with in seconds. Landon, however thought this was marvelous!

"Look Mommy, my first worm! Let's go fishing!"

"Hey, give me my worm back!"

(Olivia took it from him. Not impressed)

All is right in Landon's world again. He can stand his own ground, that's for sure.
"Mess with my worm; mess with ME!"

And so, the longest worm I've ever seen in my whole life sits outside on our patio table, poor little, I mean, looooong thing. I guess we'll free him tomorrow, you know, catch and release.
Now, if only I had a hook... and a lake.



No comments: