Yeah, I'm that gross right now.
Have you ever heard of the book, "Do Hard Things"? I have only heard of it, I haven't read it. But that's what's coming to my mind as I sit here and smell myself.
Do hard things eh? Doesn't the sound of it just make you a little uncomfortable? I mean, who actually willfully chooses to do something that's hard? Not me. Not by my own nature. C'mon, if there is an easy way to do something, or a hard way, what would you choose? Be honest - the easy way. Don't feel bad about it, it's usually the
Ok, so my exhausted late night ramble originates from my decision today to NOT turn on the AC. That's right. It's 36 degrees out and I have AC and CHOSE not to turn it on. More than once I made the walk to the thermos stat, stared at it, then convinced myself that we could do it. We could make it without it. Most of the world does. And truthfully, we are cutting back - willing to sacrifice to chip away at our debt so we can be FREE.
So while I feel like somewhat of a cruel mom making her kids sweat, it's not bad for them and it certainly won't kill them. So we'll spend more time outside with the hose or baby pool. So we'll take a little longer grocery shopping if need be. Libraries are wonderful places should it get TOO hot. And a fan is a wonderful invention.
Of course, Nathan is on board. I wouldn't suggest it if he wasn't, but his idea is that we all campout in the basement where it's 10 degrees cooler if we need to. What do you know, a little adventure, a little family bonding, and memories being made.
So you know, sometimes the uncomfortable brings a blessing. Sometimes we grow by doing things we just don't really like.
No comments:
Post a Comment