Have you ever met them? Let me introduce you.


And tonight I introduced them to my 4 year old daughter. No, that’s a lie. She introduced herself.
These are wonderful learn-to-read books and I'm so glad my mom found them! Did anyone else grow up with Peter and Jane?
Larissa has been ready to read for a looong time. But if you know my eldest then you know that everything has to be her idea and on her time. There’s no rush to learn to read. At 3 when I knew she could do it, I tried. But she would have no part in it. So why frustrate ourselves.Now she’s ready. Now she sees the value in being able to understand the words on a page. She knows they mean adventure, fantasy, and an avenue to endless imagination.
Tonight, with a little coaching and a lot of encouragement here is why my baby girl read all on her own: (including the above)




I’m always a very proud Mama Bear. And this little cub has never ceased to amaze me. She is the most empathetic, caring, sensitive, kind, compassionate, thoughtful sweet pea I’ve ever met (sister not included). Tonight, it was most thrilling to see her impress herself. To witness her pride in her accomplishment as she put the letter sounds together to make ‘real words’ was my joy and one of my greatest blessings with her to date.I love being her Mommy, of course. I never knew how much I would also love getting to know her as her teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment