
Our introductory unity study of: Astronomy!
I love being able to do fun things like this: Starfruit and
"moon cheese" (as Landon calls it), a.k.a Baby Belles
A space sensory bin for Landon with "moon dust",
which turned into a favorite for everyone!
Meteorites! (Tin foil and streamers)
And of course, a couple of labooks. Because what's a fun unit study with a lapbook? We're totally hooked on these. Here are some photos to see a bit of what they included in theirs.

Lining up the planets and reading all about them
(because sometimes that is just more fun than listening to Mommy read).
This next one was great for Landon to match pictures and words to the mats that I made.
Of course, his sisters wanted in on it, so they matched pictures and words with NO sheets.
(I'm learning to improvise quick. Well, actually, it's more like my improvisational skills are working for me here)
And who doesn't love making a rocket ship?
This turned into space monkeys, which turned into a space giraffe, cat, and dog.
My littlest astronaut.
I have LOVED not only teaching this unit to the kids, but learning about it myself.
The Universe is an incredible place. What we don't know, about what we don't know could fill the sky!
To understand our world in it's context, we found this video and the kids LOVE it. The girls said that they "had goosebumps" and that "it made me feel itchy because it's so amazing!"
See it here
And while I was wrapping it up this week, they told me that they refused to stop learning about space!
Ok.
Let's go with that.
Because we can.








No comments:
Post a Comment