Family Day: a Sabbath for the Birtch Family. A much-needed day of rest and relaxation. Sure, we did some crafts, some painting, some fun cooking - but that's just part of life and what was relaxing to us that day! It wasn't a list of to-dos, but instead a list of to-want-to-dos!
The girls have been wanting to make new beds for their dollhouse with Daddy.
Here they are!
Olivia's design:

Larissa's creative touch:

I have had this shelf since I was a kid. It was natural wood, but I painted and stressed it for Olivia. She chose this special picture for it and her African lizard

When we got bunk beds, Olivia had a bit of a hard time saying goodbye to her old bed. I thought that painting a rainbow overhead might make it more fun and special to sleep under. I was right. She loves it!
(Notice the shelf and her letter O hanging?)

While I painted the bed, Nate distracted them with their own painting.
This is Landon's work of art.
He says it is a forest and animals.
Clever.
Then we pulled out the wii~ a good time had by all!
Bowling, tennis, running, climbing, kyaking. Even Landon was in on it!

Correction: Even the cat was in on it!


I love home-made pizza! Then everyone is happy.
Pinapple for Larissa, Landon, Daddy.

Loaded veggie for Mommy,
plain cheese and minor veggie for 'Liv.

And we made chocolate strawberries for dessert!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
One thing is for sure. We love family day. And we love eachother!
No comments:
Post a Comment